Best Practice for any dance class is to train in a way to always be mindful of injury prevention. Formal dance training can be very challenging. Others in class may jump higher, or be stronger but, it is always good to remember a few safe ways to train:
1) Dance at your own pace.
2) Don't let others ( including Instructors) push you past what you are comfortable doing.
3) Make sure to have the appropriate uniform and shoes for class.
4) Always warm up before class.
5) Stay alert and on your toes during class.
6) Follow proper technique and training.
7) Keep a journal of Instructor corrections for improvement.
Always remember- improvement takes time, preventing injuries during class will definitely put you on a good path towards success in just about any dance class!